From Dean's Desk
We, the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, at KAHE envisions an integral approach through value based education and research that works towards creating an unique and innovate professionals to contribute to the growth of our society.
What is our secret?
Giving students the opportunity to learn in a setting that balances theory and practice by working on real-world projects in an active, collaborative, environment. You will experience a student-centered approach to a professional education, be taught by highly accomplished faculty, and have many opportunities to engage with the professional community and industry partners in the Coimbatore region.
Our goal is to change the world through education and. It may sound idealistic, but this is precisely our mission, which makes our Department of Architecture and Planning the best. It is what motivates the work of everyone at the Faculty of Architecture KAHE, to staff, to faculty to students and alumni, to our partners and supporters. It inspires our teaching and our research. It fuels our work, teachers and leaders in education, both here and across the globe.
Our learning extends beyond conventional classroom instruction, preparing our students to engage with their fields and the larger world. Great emphasis is laid on rigor and self-reflexivity within the programme curricula. Students are allowed to choose their own unique pathways through the programme, thereby (re)creating and (re)producing themselves as professionals with multiple expertises.
If you are looking for a college that prepares you for success in the future, KAHE does just that – by putting innovation and interdisciplinary collaboration at the centre of your curriculum making it the best among Bachelor of Planning courses in India. Our last year graduates have a 100% job placement rate.
We aim at:
- Use the knowledge and skills of Architecture to analyse and intepret the real scenarios
- Effectively design, implement, improve and manage with integrated socio-technical and ethical values
- Build and lead cross-functional teams, upholding professional responsibilities and ethics
- Engage in continuing education and life-long learning to be competitive and enterprising
- To prepare students to excel in – urban context, Housing, historical landscape, , industrial & recreational arenas, commercial contexts, landscapes etc as well as get an understanding ecologically sustainable development
- Design and improve integrated systems for people with materials, Information, facilities and technologies.
- Identify appropriate methods of design inquiry and problem solving processes to produce creative solutions to identified problems and questions.
- Justify and defend the proposed design or planning solution within the context of aesthetic, socio political, economic, and environmental context.
- Communicate the entire problem solving process or method of inquiry in written, oral, and graphic ways using appropriate media.
- Possess knowledge and understanding about allied fields and the value of interdisciplinary design.